That game is nasty - Vine by MrLegenDarius
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
So I’m not sure what to call this
But I figured I’d at least try to impart my knowledge of (hank hill voice) weapons and weapon accessories.
If you like this, tell me, and I might do another tutorial some time!
since somebody asked for my brush settings, here they are! these are the brushes I favor 95% of the time unless I have to use Photoshop for something
there are kind of a lot ahaha sorry
they’re really nothing special, and I’m often changing certain things depending on my needs, but I’m happy to share the settings I’m currently using anyway c:
everything else is either completely default or doesn’t get used often
just keep in mind these aren’t necessarily set in concrete so I encourage you to play around until they suit your own style
(these also look best in high resolutions!)
This week is WITCHSONA week! Draw yourself as your own witch persona; guy, girl, neither, both, animal, plant, or anything - anyone can be a witch!
What’s your familiar? What’s your power object? What kind of magic do you use? What kind of environment are your powers derived from? What’s kind of clothes do you wear?
Tag your posts with the ‘witchsona' or 'witchweek' tag and we will reblog it to the Witchsona Tumblr !
so i was actually motivated to draw today…and i really like how this turned out
redrew a picture from a year ago
and i like the old one better
How to, step-by-step, make expressions mean different things by changing just one facial feature at a time. *shrug* I’m not very good at explaining how I do expressions, I just…feel out what kinds of muscles seem to fit and tweak those. And sometimes, ever so slightly, little adjustments could mean the difference between fury and euphoria.
Everyone!! After years and years, Paint Tool SAI is finally getting an upgrade! Go try the Paint Tool SAI 2 beta!
Just a few of the new features:
- 64 bit/multi-core support
- Font tool with text layers
- Bigger canvases! Up to 100,000 x 100,000px canvas size for 64 bit
- Bigger max brush size (up to 5000px)
- Circle and line rulers
- Perspective ruler (guide lines for 1 - 3 point perspective)
- Select/edit multiple layers at once
- Upgrade for free if you already have a SAI 1 license
Paint Tool SAI is my number one recommended art program for digital painters and this just makes it even better! The new font tool and canvas size limits, especially, should make it so much easier for people trying to make comics.
This is still in beta, so it’s untranslated and has some bugs. But it’s still great news! Go try it out!
As requested, a tutorial on how I approach lips. This is just how I see them, but I hope it helps!